7:00 pm
Just when things seem at their worst... I meet some more nice people! I got to Menton at about 8:30 pm. Three guys looked like they were Interrailers, so I joined with them to try to find the hostel. Good thing. It was very hard to find. And I had no francs, the exchange was closed. And the hostel was full -- after climbing a mountain with full rucksacks. Well, we were out in a tent. Paul offered to sleep on the floor, Andrew paid for me, Andreas loaned me 50 francs for dinner and beer! They were so nice! Paul and Andrew are from Yorkshire. Andreas is from Stuttgart. They saved me from a very tragic night! I didn't eat because I felt bad spending Andreas' money. Bread, water, dried fruit and beer is all I had all day. Today we went to the beach. For lunch, we got some fruit, croquettes and pizza. I love French pizza. They make it the best -- the crust is flaky or something. It was so hot in the sun. The water was beautiful. I actually did quite a bit of swimming -- for me. Swam out to a platform with the guys, but I was exhausted. I really need to improve my swimming skills. And my climbing skills! Walking up to this hostel is very exhausting! But the view is breathtaking. The Mediterranean Sea in front, mountains to the right and rear. I went to Nice late this afternoon. Bought a ticket to the Nice Jazz Festival tomorrow night. $20 -- I hope it's worth it. I'll take the 11:30 pm train to Barcelona. I'm thinking of parasailing tomorrow morning. $33 -- worth it? Many of my friends back home will be on their way to white water rafting tomorrow. I'd like to see Monte Carlo and Cannes, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment