12:40 am
I'm lucky they accepted traveler's cheques for the ferry to London. They don't accept MasterCard and the exchange office is closed. Pretty stupid, really, since Oostende is a pretty active station all night long. The ferry leaves at 2:00 am. I'll have 4 hours to sleep. Yippee! Tomorrow will be a long day. So will Friday! I'm pretty depressed about going home, but resigned to it. I have so many stories to tell! I've done so much in one month! I'm out of money. Must use my MasterCard in London. Time to get on the ferry!
7:35 pm
Same old story -- nothing's ever easy! I thought that I'd reached the end of my worries, but alas, I go to get money from my MasterCard and it's refused! I was pretty stuck then. With about £7 in my pocket and needed at least £10 for travel to Penge and Gatwick alone. Pretty annoying. Then I went to another place, and it was accepted. Thank God. Oh, by the way, it was pouring rain in Dover. And I had missed the 5:52 express, so I had to take the 7:03 instead, getting to Victoria Station at 9:30 instead of 7:30. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment