7:30 pm
Some of the characters I've met: Sue, an Australian who is traveling around the world for 3 years. She's hitting every continent and will work for a time in the U.K. and the States. She was one of the "Hofbraühaus-ers." Scotty, from New York, attends Webster University -- with campuses in London and the Netherlands. He's traveling between semesters. He plans to travel in a musical circus-like troupe through the USSR and China. Veronica, from Houston, is traveling through Germany with Britta, from Mainz. Their fathers met in WWII and the families have remained close. Greg, from St. Louis, travels to wherever he can get a cheap night's sleep. We were all at the Hofbraühaus last night. What a rowdy place. One liter steins (3 cans equivalent) for DM7.90. Not cheap, but huge -- and fun. The waitresses really do carry 10 of them at a time! It's a fun place, but probably 80% American. The real fun was getting back to the hostel. Greg passed around a hash joint. After I hit it, he said, "This is Europe. You don't take just one hit!" So I took another. I was flying. Somehow we all made it back. Of course we didn't pay for the U-Bahn. Nobody does. Or so he said. Greg was teaching Britta to say, with her German accent, "Y'all come back now, y'hear?" and "Yo bitch, two more beers." I'm glad I went. A few of us stayed up and talked in the hall until 1:30 am. I called Matt, too! I'll bet he enjoyed it. I do wish Neil had come. He's not really the party type. Quite by chance, I ran into him on the way to the train station this morning and he came to Dachau with me. It was a terribly cold and rainy day. Appropriate for the setting, though. It was a very intense tour. I'm so glad Neil was there. I enjoyed spending the day with him. I wouldn't mind spending the night with him, too. I kept dropping hints. I asked if he had seen "Bent" about two gay men in Dachau. I commented on and took a picture of a gay memorial. No response. We spent an hour together waiting out the pouring rain -- in a crematorium. Very surreal. But it was so romantic with the rain and all. I wish something had happened. But we still had a good time. I love his smile! I'm in the dining hall now -- after a nap and a shower. I hope he comes by. I'm not sure what I'll do tonight. People are staying in. It's cold and wet. I'd like to just go wander around some more. I think I'll go to the Deutches Museum tomorrow. Science and Technology. I might go to Oberammergau also/instead. I'll be at Lark and Joe's tomorrow. So many decisions to make. Poland? Prague? Vienna? Greece? I need 9 months like everyone else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment