
6:50 pm
I met this really cool, cute guy from Birmingham, England. I love the way he says, "It's amaizing," "really brilliant" and "dair" (dear -- expensive). I love foreigners! He's a roadie for bands. How cool! We went around Munich today and talked about this and that. Then we stopped at the Hofbraühaus and talked music over a couple of beers. We talked about Talk Talk, The The, David Byrne, Brian Eno, Billy Bragg, Morrissey. How fun! He's a really nice guy. I hope he goes out tonight. He's traveling to Nuremberg and Prague next. Then on to the French Riviera by September. He's very good-natured, too, considering I got us lost several times. Oh, his name's Neil. Last night, I did wait until the 12:50 train. And I almost didn't get on because it looked full. (Stupid!) I have a First Class ticket. I can kick out those 2nd Class moochers! So I did. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. Next time, I'll take a couchette. It took me a while to get situated at the Banhof before I headed over to the Youth Hostel. Had to wash up, shave, change clothes. All this in a disgusting toilette that I paid DM.30 for. Stupid! I should've done it on the train. So I got to the YH at 9:15 am. It didn't open until 10:00. That's when I met Neil, though. And a bunch of Canadian girls. Then I discovered that I had left my hostel card at Mainz, and this one had a 26 year-old age limit. I was pissed, but luckily I was able to buy one and they let me in without verifying my age. Cost me an extra DM30 ($20), though. Didn't find Scott until this evening. That's okay. I'd rather go out with Neil. If he's going. Oh, it was a beautiful, sunny, hot day for a change. But it rained in the late afternoon. Hope it holds off. I'm really thinking more about Warsaw, Krakow and Prague. Everyone is doing it! But I'm spending so much already! But it's cheap there! More decisions. I think I'm going to Dachau tomorrow. I should go call Lark right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment