Sunday, June 30, 1991

5:00 pm

I'm getting into that complacent mood again. Just sitting around at the Kays without a care in the world. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety towards going to Berlin and Poland. Such a challenge once again. I'm glad I at least had the chance to recharge my batteries -- my body's as well as my shaver's!

11:10 pm

I'm at the Fulda Banhof waiting for the 11:32 to Berlin. On the road again. What a nice visit I had with the Kays. I miss them! I'm feeling anxious again. My stomach's bothering me -- or was it Lark's cherry pie? My sleeping berth reservation says car 699, but the sign here says there is none. There's a 299. Hope it's not a problem. Just what I need! It's coming from Frankfurt, so it'll be packed. It was fun playing Dr. Mario with Lark and Rhys. What a buzz. Good-looking guys on base! We went to the Volksfest for a while. Not very big, but the kids loved it. It was a nice day today. I went out to the park with the kids earlier. I'm starting to have doubts about quitting my doubts about quitting my job and traveling extensively. I'd have to do it with someone, I think. Someone who's very free-spirited. Must keep a positive attitude towards it. It can be done. This is a very quite station. I can't see anyone else. Very eerie. I wish I had filled up my wineskin with water before leaving. Everything's closed here. I tried calling Becky, but the MCI number has been busy. Probably a lot of GIs calling home. I hope everything's okay with Dingo. I try not to worry -- actually, I rarely think of it! Just when I see other dogs. Ten minutes until the train's here.

No comments: