Sunday, June 23, 1991

5:30 pm

Sitting in Le Monde Cafe in Rembrandtsplein. It's beginning to rain again, so I moved indoors. Shame. Can't people-watch as well here. Went to Anne Frank and the van Gough Museum today. I'm tired of touristy things. I just want to sit and observe from now on. Life is so funny. There's a vile group of Spaniards being obnoxious. How fun. I wish it weren't raining. At least it's not as cold as the first day. I'm spending a lot on touristy things. Too much $. I think I'll stop somewhere small tomorrow on the way to Berlin.

11:50 pm

I was the Little Match Girl. At 10:30 pm last night -- after a nap and then getting high, I went out in the fucking pouring rain to go to the C***trap -- a disco. I decided not to go to April to meet with Eamon (I'm bummed), because that was too far to walk and I couldn't figure out the tram system at this stage. I got so lost! I didn't know where I was -- in a foreign city, in the pouring fucking rain, with a map looking like papier maché by now, walking through .... The Red-Light district! It's pretty obvious because the shops all have red lights. Tourist attraction, you know. People were asking me, "Whaddya want?" A woman gave me a scary look right to my face as she walked by. Like something from a German film. I was scared! Then, by some quirk, I ended up on the street I wanted. I eventually found the C***ring and went in. There was one person besides the two workers at the upstairs bar. The disco doesn't open until 11:00. I ordered a beer, drank it fast, and left, hoping to come back later. I walked -- in the pouring fucking rain -- another mile to the Blues Brother Coffeeshop -- for the third time in 3 days. They were playing music videos of The Doors. It was great! People were stoned like me! I had a pint and waited and enjoyed. Then I came back here to the hotel -- in the pouring fucking rain! Now I want to go back to the C***ring, but it's POURING!

No comments: